Envato is the leading marketplace for creative assets and creative people. Millions of people around the world choose our marketplace, studio and courses to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to build websites, videos, apps, graphics and more.
Maybe you mean: 'pakedx786' or 'highlight-showcase4' or 'classicslider1' or 'search-form-hero2' or 'news-hero4' or 'about1'
Understanding what it means to be an author
To become an author and sell items on Envato Market,
you must first read the following information.
The basics of being an author
Envato Market is based on a royalty-free stock model. This means that when you sell an item on any of the marketplaces, you’re granting the buyer a license to use that file in certain ways, but you retain ownership of the item and can sell as many licenses as you want. Once you upload an item, it can be purchased ten times, a hundred times, a thousand times… the sky’s the limit!
Everything you sell as an author on Envato Market must be your own original content, and if you use any assets that are owned by someone else, you must have a license that grants you permission to use and resell them.
We ask that as an author you always abide by the Author Terms and the following rules:
- The items you upload for sale must be your own creation. Do not submit works based on tutorials or other people’s designs.
- You must have the rights to license the items you upload, either because they are your own original content, or because you have a license that grants you permission to resell any third-party assets included with your item.
- If you believe that anyone on any of the Envato Market sites has copied one of your items or is otherwise infringing upon intellectual property rights, please report this behaviour to Help Team.
- Do not buy your own items or engage in other conduct with the intention of defrauding Envato Market or other authors.
- Do not upload items that contain explicit profanity, nudity or extreme violence.
- Everything uploaded to Envato Market should be appropriate for commercial sale.
That’s it. If you have any more questions, please look at our knowledgebase here.
Otherwise, we hope you have lots of success as an author on Envato Market!